The Damaged Map is one of the Side Quests in NieR Replicant. Side quests are optional tasks or quests usually requested by NPCs that players can choose to complete in order to obtain rewards. Some quests rewards are required for certain endings.
The blacksmith has asked you to find a treasure map. Where would you look for such a thing...?
The map is heavily damaged. Perhaps Facade's strange-thing store would be able to restore it.
Gather three drops of machine oil, three eggplants, and three goat hides to repair the map.
The man's wife asked you to search for the treasure in place of her husband. Bring the map to Popola to have her decipher it for you.
According to the map, the treasure is inside the Lost Shrine, in a place where sunlight does not reach.
You found the treasure, but it turned out to be worthless. Report back to the client's wife.
You gave the client the gold you got in exchange for the hair ornament.
The client gave you a treasure map. It might be worthless, but perhaps a trip to Popola's is in order to see if she can decipher it.
The map apparently depicts "the start of a steel bridge"
You found treasure in the Northern Plains. What do you know? It seems real treasure maps do exist.
The Damaged Map Rewards
The Damaged Map Objectives
- Look for a new treasure map for Blacksmith's collection, decipher it, and follow the map
- The Blacksmith will give NieR a second treasure map to follow. Decipher the second map, and follow it to the new treasure
The Damaged Map Walkthrough
He will talk about his collection of treasure maps and how he is looking for a new treasure map or two. Grimoire Weiss will suggest looking for a place where old documents are stored
- Check the library and examine the shelves on the top floor
- Speak to the Strange-Thing Shopkeeper and bring him the materials he needs:
The map will be successfully restored
- Return the restored map to the Blacksmith and speak with his wife
The Blacksmith's wife will ask NieR to search for the treasure in place of her husband
- Take the map to Popola to have it deciphered
The map will say the treasure is inside the Lost Shrine, in a place where sunlight does not reach.
- Head to the Lost Shrine.
- Go to the second floor, north of the map. There will be a cracked wall and two doors. Enter the door on the right.
- Pick up the item with the indicator
"Obtained Pile of Junk" You have found the treasure but it turned out to be worthless.
- Return the findings to the Blacksmith's wife.
She will ask NieR to sell her jade hair ornament and purchase something shiny with the proceeds. She wants to give it to her husband and pretend NieR found it. NieR will have the option to sell or keep the ornament
- Sell the hair ornament
- Keep the hair ornament
(if the ornament is sold) You gave the client the gold you got in exchange for the hair ornament.
- If you chose to sell the hair ornament--
- Return the gold coin to the Blacksmith
The Blacksmith will be overjoyed and will give NieR the first map he has ever found.
- Take the new map to Popola to decipher. It's a map of the Northern Plains
It mentions something about the place where the iron bridge starts
- Go to the Northern Plains iron bridge, near the location of the large Wild Boar.
- After you cross the small bridge toward the western portion of the map, head to the right toward the large bridge that is still standing, there will be a weapon pick-up icon underneath it.
"Obtained the spear, Labyrinth's Shout" This will complete the quest