The Tangled Message
|Type||Act I Side Quest|
The Tangled Message is one of the Side Quests in NieR Replicant. Side quests are optional tasks or quests usually requested by NPCs that players can choose to complete in order to obtain rewards. Some quests rewards are required for certain endings.
You've been invited to join a game where you pass messages from one person to the next. If you make a mistake, you must start over from the beginning.
The first recipient is "the person guarding the left side of the exit"
The second recipient is "he who protects the king's left"
The third recipient is "the southeastern guardian"
The fifth recipient is "the long-winded person"
You passed messages to five people
All Facade Quests can only be started after NieR's first trip to Facade in the main storyline. The quests will appear after returning from the Barren Temple with the King of Facade.
The Tangled Message Rewards
The Tangled Message Objectives
Deliver the correct messages to five recipients in order
The Tangled Message Walkthrough
- Speak to the Masked Soldier at the Facade's city' center post. She will be patrolling the platform on her own.
She will recognize NieR immediately and state a rule. (Rule 56,908 says in order to strengthen community solidarity, we must interact with others on a regular basis.) She will then mention a series of tasks NieR can do to join in. NieR has to pass on and receive a total of five messages. If he makes a mistake, he must start over from the beginning.
- The first recipient is the person guarding the left side of the exit.
- The message is "Masked People respect their rules"
- The second recipient is the king's right-hand man. (Guard by door of King's Mansion)
- The message is "The Men of the Mask work for the king"
- The third recipient is the person taking care of the children (on the walkway between Grocer and Strange Item Shop)
- The message is "Childcare can be difficult"
- The fourth recipient is the southeastern guardian. (under the Grocer)
- The message is "Only nobility may enter the treasury"
- The last recipient is the long-winded person. (Up on higher level near Strange Item Shop)
- The message is "Quicksand."
Delivering all five messages correctly will take NieR back to the Masked soldier and end the quest.